FAQ's Student Data and Enrollment Services


We have tried to capture most of the Frequently Asked Questions for our department. If you can't find your question answered here, please call Student Data & Enrollment Services at 720-433-0095 and we'll be happy to assist you.

Q: How do I request a copy of my Transcripts for College?

A: Current students or recent graduates should request their Official Transcripts from the school they are attending or recently graduated from. Alumni who graduated more than a year ago should request their Official Transcript from our online Transcript / Records Request Program.

Q: How do I get an Official Copy of my College Entrance Test Scores?

A: ACT & SAT Test Scores are not included on your transcript.  You need to contact either ACT or CollegeBoard.  See the links below.

Official ACT Test Scores can be request from www.ACT.org
Official SAT Test Scores can be requested from www.collegeboard.org

Q: How do I complete an Education Verification on a prior student with your district?

A: Background investigation companies or potential employers will need to provide a signed release from the individual student before we can release any information to your company. All verifications are requested online (you will upload the release online).

Q: I have misplaced my HS Diploma--where can I get another copy of it?

A: Your HS Diploma was a gift from the high school at time of graduation and there are no copies. Our office can provide you with a copy of your transcripts that may serve as evidence of graduation. Please see the Transcript / Records Request tab for information on how to request these records.

Q: We just moved to Douglas County--how do we get our child(ren) enrolled into your school district?

A: Our office would like to be the first to Welcome your family to Douglas County Schools. You can find information on enrollment of your child(ren) on our website (Student Data and Information Services - Student Enrollment) or you can call our Department at (720) 433-0095.

Q: How do I know which school my child(ren) will attend?

A: All schools in Douglas County School District have boundaries established by our Planning Department based on your home address. You can find more information in the Boundary Map's tab.

Q: What if we want our child(ren) to attend a school other than our neighborhood school?

A: Douglas County Schools encourages choice when enrolling your child(ren) into school. We have many programs including Open Enrollment, Charter Schools, Magnet Schools, Alternative high schools, Online Schools, etc. Please see Choice Programming for more information.

Q: Where do we go to have my child(ren) enrolled into school?

A:  Click on the Student Enrollment tab to the left.  It will give you the information you are looking for to enroll your child(ren). 

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.

In compliance with Titles VI & VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008, and Colorado law, the Douglas County School District RE-1 does not unlawfully discriminate against otherwise qualified students, employees, applicants for employment, or members of the public on the basis of disability, race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, religion, ancestry, or need for special education services. Discrimination against employees and applicants for employment based on age, genetic information, and conditions related to pregnancy or childbirth is also prohibited in accordance with state and/or federal law. Complaint procedures have been established for students, parents, employees, and members of the public. The School District's Compliance Officer and Title IX Coordinator to address complaints alleging sexual harassment under Title IX is Aaron Henderson, 620 Wilcox Street, Castle Rock, Colorado, [email protected], 303-387-0127.

Outside Agencies

Complaints regarding violations of Title VI, (race, national origin), Title IX (sex, gender), Section 504/ADA (handicap or disability), may be filed directly with the Office for Civil Rights, U.S. Department of Education, 1244 North Speer Blvd., Suite 310, Denver, CO 80204. Complaints regarding violations of Title VII (employment) and the ADEA (prohibiting age discrimination in employment) may be filed directly with the Federal Office of Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, 303 E. 17th Ave., Suite 510, Denver, CO 80202, or the Colorado Civil Rights Commission, 1560 Broadway, Suite 1050, Denver, CO 80202.


Special Education records which have been collected by Douglas County School District related to the identification, evaluation, educational placement, or the provision of special education in the district, must be maintained under state and federal laws for the period of five (5) years after special education services have ended for the student. Special education services end when the student is no longer eligible for services, graduates, or completes his/her educational program at age 21, or moves from the district. This notification is to inform parents/guardians and former students of Douglas County School District's intent to destroy the special education records of students who exited special education services as of June 30, 2016. These records will be destroyed in accordance with state law unless the parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student notifies the school district otherwise. After five years, the records are no longer useful to the district, but may be useful to the parent/guardian or former student in applying for social security benefits, rehabilitation services, college entrance, etc. The parent/guardian or eligible (adult) student may request a copy of the records by requesting the records at this link ( Douglas County School District Transcripts and Records Requests ).